Allow me to take a moment to introduce myself to you. My name is Nicholas Drayton and I am a proud member of Freewill Missionary Baptist church led by Pastor Edward Jerome and First Lady Beverleigh Nettles. I am a Gospel Programming Announcer. My vast interest in the Gospel music genre and experiences in working in a support capacity on the Sunday Morning Gospel program on WVAS-90.7FM hosted by Angier Johnson, have catapulted my interest in offering my service on gospel radio.
I have had the privilege to work in gospel radio for several years and my experience has allowed me several opportunities.
• The ability to network among current Gospel Industry Announcers, their staff and affiliates
• Assist or take leadership responsibilities for promoting local events through the distribution of flyers; radio announcing; interview prep and interviewing of performing artists
• Serve as Program Host, Emcee, Moderator, etc. at various church programs and events
• Contact recording companies to request promotional copies of popular gospel artist’s work
• Provide radio hosting services for colleagues, upon adequate notice and request
• Prepare questions for radio program host(s) to ask their performing guest(s)/ interviewee(s)
My Career Interests, Educational Background, and Work Experiences include the following:
• 1998 Graduate, the George Washington Carver High School, Montgomery, Alabama
• 1998-2001: Completed a two-year internship under the supervision of radio personality, Mr. Ralph Featherstone at the legendary WVXI-AM 1600
• In this capacity, I honed my knowledge, skills, and abilities as a Radio Announcer and Program Host
• 2006-2012: Joined the Sunday Morning Gospel hosted by Angier Johnson of WVAS-FM 90.7
• Among my responsibilities, I gained knowledge, insight, and skills in coordinating marketing promotions and supporting the work and mission(s) of WVAS-FM’s programming